Monday, October 14, 2013

Keeping it all together with headbands

Hi Dotties! Glad you could join me for my first post here on Follow the Dotts.

I recently joined a FB group called Planner addicts and have seen many things there that will help me plan life easier and with style. I am always looking for ways to simplify my life. 




So when I read that the Erin Condren website sold bands to hold my planner together I got excited. Here is a picture of what the bands looks like (Left). They are $6.95 for a set of 3. 





I live life on a budget, I work full time but my husband works part time and we have to make due. So I knew that I could find a budget friendly solution. 




 I went to Target and found these (right) Goody Thin Slide proof head wraps for $4.49 for a set of 4. I like them, they gripped nicely and the colors were ok, but I thought I could still do better.



I found these at Walgreens. They are Scunci No-Slip Grip headbands (left), $5.49 for a set of 6. I really liked the cheerful colors and the bands felt soft to the touch. I was headed in the right direction.

Next stop was Walmart. Goody Ouch less Comfort fit headbands (right), $1.80 for a set of 6. These were good, the stretch on them was nice and they fit my 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 mini binder nicely. I thought for sure I had found the right fit for me, but I decided to hit my local Dollar Tree.

At the Dollar Tree I found (left) Basic Solutions Head wraps $1.00 for a set of 8. I fell in love with these. I liked that they didn't slip, the grip was great. They come in a variety of colors, they are soft to the touch and stretch very nicely. So I bought all 3 sets that you see here. They are great! I use them on my Mini Binder Planner, my MS Blue Dots 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Notebook, and the best part is that when my hair gets in the way I use them to put it in a poly tail.

Here I'm using the green one so that it's easier to see. I normally use the black one on my mini binder and the green on on my MS notebook.








2 comments:

  1. So proud of you. Great first post. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cesar Hernandez Thanks so much for your support!

      Delete