Saturday, November 2, 2013

Not your usual makeup bag

Hello Dotties,

Last month I went to Target in search of a new “Makeup Bag”. I do have a lot of makeup, but I wasn’t looking for a new bag to house it. I needed a place to keep all my planner essentials when I was on the go. I’m of the mind that everything I carry with me should be easy to move from one bag to another if need be. Next post will be all about what I carry in my tote.

I needed a bag that was not too big, but big enough to carry everything I wanted. It had to easily fit in my tote. I don’t think I was asking for too much. I started with just a very vague idea of what I wanted. I went hunting for the perfect bag at a few department stores and even a few convenience stores. I left every store disappointed because I could not find the perfect bag. I came to the conclusion that because I had not really thought out what I needed to house in the bag that I was finding it difficult. The saying “Plan to fail if you fail to plan” kept coming to mind, so I sat down and really thought about what it was I needed to carry with me.
I have recently discovered washi tape, so I knew I wanted to carry some with me. I also needed pens, pencils (I use the mechanical type, so that means I needed lead also), erasers, and correction tape. I also have a mini stapler and hole puncher that I love, so those had to be included. When I use my planner, I tend to use certain stickers, so those also had to have a place. Lastly, I use my Galaxy SIII in conjunction with my planner so I needed to make sure that I had space to carry the essentials for that too. Those include, my wall charger, a portable charger, my Bluetooth, and cables to the chargers. I also wanted to carry an extra USB, you just never know when you will need it.

So as you can see, I needed a lot of space without taking up too much space. I knew that I wanted to keep all the techie stuff together. So the bag had to have different compartments. In the end I went with a bag I found at Target. I love the size of it and the pattern on it is very lovely. I think I did pretty well, as everything has a home and it all fits so nicely. The moral of the story: Plan before you shop. If I had just gone on instinct when shopping I might have ended up with something that just wouldn't work for me the way I needed it to.

"THE BAG"
Below are pictures of what needed to be housed & where I ended up putting everything.

       
  

No comments:

Post a Comment